OSTC MANAAKI TAUIRA
Location: Kokiri Centre (51 Macandrew Road, Dunedin)
Duration: One day per throughout the school year, plus Noho during the school holidays and some online learning
Delivery: The Manaaki Tauira course is delivered in the form of one day per, Noho and with some online learning, and is facilitated by the Kokiri Training Centre.
Entry Requirements: This programme will be offered to all Otago Secondary Schools students
People travel from all around the world to learn more about the Maori culture of New Zealand. Stand tall and be proud of your whakapapa.
You will learn the importance of strong connections to your cultural heritage and the value these can bring to a wide range of career paths.
For more information about OSTC, visit www.op.ac.nz/ostc
What will I do?
- Learn from tutors and kaumatua
- Stay on marae
- Interact with Maori business leaders.
What could I do next?
- Complete the New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 4) (Bridging to Business) or New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) at Otago Polytechnic, the New Zealand Certificate in Tourism (Level 4) (Operations), or the New Zealand Diploma in Tourism and Travel (Level 5),
- Complete the New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (Level 4)
- Apply for the Royal New Zealand Police College or to a College of Education.
Where could this take me?
- Cultural Interpretation Specialist
- Maori and Indigenous Culture Studies
- Business person/Entrepreneur
- Teacher training
- NZ Police Force
- Tourism Guide
For further information please email:
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.