He Whakamata – Employment / Educational Pathways Programme
This programme aims to create your own individual pathway plan toward employment or further education through the mediums of whānau and social wellbeing.
Arai Te Uru Kōkiri Training Centre (Kōkiri) does this within the whānau-based values of:
The programme is designed to improve personal situations and readiness to take the next step by providing learning and support sessions, which, depending on personal goals, may include some of the following:
- Improved personal and physical wellbeing, and whānau ora
- Increased engagement in meaningful and culturally responsive activities
- Career development plan and CV
- Pre employment assessment
- Driver license including 1-6 and endorsements such as forklift and dangerous good
- Industry certificates – eg SiteSafe, first aid, traffic control, barista.
- Hands on work experiences and industry connections
- Improved motivation and confidence in the local community
The He Whakamata facilitator will also:
- support whānau to identify strengths and develop a set of goals.
- provide whānau assistance which respond to current circumstances and help to achieve whānau aspirations.
- assist whānau to navigate through the complexities of the support available to them and ensure whānau are able to access appropriate services and opportunities.
- support whānau to move toward self-managing autonomy and responsibility for personal economic, cultural, and social development and wellbeing.